Blue Spiral 1 is excited to announce we are expanding our team! We are currently seeking a Gallery Associate and Media Specialist.
The ideal candidate will have a BFA/BA or an equivalent combination of training and experience. A working knowledge of the fine art and craft field is preferred. The following skills, qualities and experiences are also a priority:
- Self-motivated planner who works independently;
- Proven expertise and experience with high-end sales;
- Strong communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills with the intent to develop and maintain positive relationships;
- Demonstrated proficiency in database and inventory management;
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail;
- Advanced computer knowledge to include Google Drive, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Suite;
- Photography and image editing skills;
- Team oriented.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE
- Regular gallery sales;
- Attention to gallery needs (answering phones, helping guests) and upkeep (cleaning, installing artwork);
- Maintain gallery inventory and database entry, including photography;
- Pursue and garner relationships with various clientele;
- Assist with installation;
- Manage photography and videography, as needed at gallery events.
SCHEDULE AND PAY RATE
Blue Spiral 1 is open 7 days a week, Monday through Saturday 10am - 6pm and Sunday 12 - 5pm. The position(s) will be regularly scheduled to work 28-32 hours a week. Weekends are mandatory. Occasional evening and/or overtime hours are required for special events and exhibition installation. Blue Spiral 1 supports a living wage. We do not discriminate against any individual or group of individuals on the basis of age, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Please send cover letter, resume and three references to: email@example.com (please no phone calls or drop-ins)